Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hangin' my busy season on the line...

I just Googled “sugar plum”. Because if they are going to be dancing around in my head, I need an absolute clear image of what they look like. And it’s a good thing I did because I’ve never seen one before and I was picturing them all wrong. Although they still have cute little faces and wire thin arms and legs in my thoughts, at least their bodies look right now. Hahaha Christmas time is here…(the most wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful, wonderful time of the year! Bust out your best holiday singing voice for that one.)

My version of sugar plums!
Ahh yes it really is wonderful isn’t it? I can’t get made fun of for listening to holiday music either, because it’s actually the right season to be doing so! Score! (That doesn’t stop the mockery I get for my opera-esk holiday voice though.)

On a bluer note, my blog is being neglected because of this festive season. A couple posts back I talked about how much I love to make handmade presents. Well, Christmas is no exception. This year I decided to try to give at least one handmade gift to every single person on my gift list. And of course I go overboard and load up on projects that are time consuming and intense. “Nah, I can do it. It won’t take long at all!”--Has become my mantra this season…I seem to be repeating that over and over, more and more!

But it’s worth it in the end to see my projects light up someone’s eyes. So I'm hangin' my busy season up on the line for a bit, to show you some of the stuff I have been working on…I can’t show the entirety of the projects for obvious reasons but at least you can see why my blog has been a little forgotten about! (I will get better at this.)

This year seems to have a leather theme...with a little jewelry thrown in:


It was nice to have such lovely backgrounds for my pictures...and why don't we have lights up all the time?







On to the jewelry...I think I have a passion for stamping. First leather, now metal...

Here is a double strand necklace...it has three stamped charms on it. Sorry I couldn't show the bottom or side charms, they have names on them. At least you could see my little feather stamp! He's my favorite!


Here are some pendants I stamped...might just keep these for myself!





And there you have it! All that stamping is what's taking up my blogging time. At least it gives me something to blog about  : )


Until next time...(hopefully it won't be so long!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...