Monday, December 12, 2011

Back to the REal wOrlD

What…is…going…on??? I was only gone for four days, and in those four days I forgot how to drive, all of my e-mail passwords and just how cold it actually is in North Dakota! Somehow Vegas has erased my memory and replaced it with twinkling lights, car horns and visions of bucking horses. What a trip!


The rodeo was epic of course, topping the last year I was there. I couldn’t help but freak out when Charlie Daniels and Joe Nichols sang. The cowboys and cowgirls get better and faster and stronger every year and they put on a show worth bragging about.



Vegas never changes, it’s always crazy and if you don’t watch yourself, you’ll get lost in the chaos! Like I promised myself, I did gamble more. Which of course turned out to be a bust…that $11 million I was shooting for will go home with someone else haha. I am a terrible gambler.

It seems no matter who you are, you always have wild stories from your Vegas trips. The manfriend and I didn’t get too crazy, there was no blacking out and waking up in a bush or stolen tigers in the bathroom. But we had our share of excitement. If you’ve ever been to Las Vegas, or any big city for that matter, you know they drive like Batman. We had some fun times taking taxis…like getting into two “accidents” in one night. The first one was a bit scary, I thought I would see a fight! I mean after a car purposely backed into our taxi, our driver got out in the middle of the road…haha I made the manfriend write the witness statement for that one. And then on the way back from the rodeo a taxi van swiped the side of our shuttle bus. Our luck was dreadful, should’ve kept that in mind before playing the slot machines!



On the brighter side of things, I got to go to my first Broadway play. Yes, the Lion King turned out to be my favorite part of the trip. It was the most remarkable thing I have ever beheld and will probably be in my top ten for the rest of my life! I can’t begin to describe it, you’ll just have to see it for yourself.

Overall, the much needed escape from reality was a success! I think I’ll make it an annual tradition :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...